

So, I'm sure you all know by now that the prophet has passed away. It will be such a change for us all because he was prophet so long. I remember when President Kimball died, I was just a kid, but I remember watching the funeral on TV and thinking how sad that it was. Rusty has only been a member for 8 years and President Hinckley is the only prophet he has known. He was saying how weird it will be to have a new prophet. We explained to Jada that he had died. . she asked why? We tried to explain it to her. She understands the whole dying thing, but I think she was like. . "What?" I'm sure she was thinking how could the prophet die? Even though she is only 4, she has really grown to love President Hinckley. When conference is on, she says-"Mom, tell me when the prophet is on" . . and she'll come in and listen to him speak. She sometimes sees old conferences airing on kbyu and when he is speaking, she'll yell. . . "Mom, mom! It's the prophet!" What's so crazy is that it'll be the same for her as it was for me when Pres. Kimball died. It was only be a short time in her life, that he was prophet, and she'll have a hard time even remembering him! What a wonderful leader he was! We'll miss him! But we are so excited for President Monson to be the new prophet!



1 comments:
I started crying when I heard about President Hinckley. Thanks for leaving a post on my blog, now we can keep up with each other's lives. Your little man is getting so big.
Post a Comment